Saturday, August 6, 2011

Smudgefest Day 6

Welcome to Day 6! So, how are you all feeling about the challenges? We'd love to have your input on the week, and let us know if you had fun and would participate again. We're so happy to see that so many of you have hung around for the whole week so far, way to go! We know it takes a lot of effort to even participate once, and we appreciate all of the sharing of inspiration from all of you.

I know they are always here, but just in case, here are the rules for the Smudgefest challenges.

*Each morning from August 1st through 7th at 12:01 am Pacific Time, a new challenge will be posted. It will contain that day's theme and prize information.

*To participate, you must make a project that fits the theme and add it to that day's post using the Inlinkz linky. It must be linked by midnight of the same day.

*Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, altered or 3-d item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! We are all about looking at things differently and look forward to the variety of projects we are sure to see.

*You must use AT LEAST 1 Smeared ink image on your project. You are allowed to use anything else that you like. No all-digital projects allowed.

*The daily winner will be chosen by random number and revealed later the next day in a separate post (not the daily theme post).

*At the end of the week, all participatnts who submitted entried for all seven days will be entered for the Grand Prize Drawing of 17 digi stamp sets from Smeared Ink. The winner will be chosen by random number and announced on Monday, August 8th.




Ready to Play? Here is our Day 6 challenge!

The Challenge:

SKETCHY SATURDAY

What's a week long challenge extravaganza without a sketch challenge? Nothing, I tell ya! So, here it is...please use the sketch below as inspiration for your project. It does not have to be exact, but we must be able to tell that you got your idea from the sketch.




The Sample: 

*click for larger views

Smeared Ink Stamps Used : 
Elementals rubber set
Sea Skeletons digi set



The Prize:

Another Fabulous Coupon!

 Remember, be sure to link up by midnight tonight to qualify for the daily (and grand) prize. Then check back tomorrow for the new theme. Have Fun!


9 comments:

  1. Ooooh way cool creation - love this sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies! I'm loving these challenges, despite being the last one to link theirs up, usually . The prizes you're giving away are a super incentive, but even if I don't win anything it's been fun & I'd love to do this again! Hugs to ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the daily challenges, but I do wish that you didn't have a ban on all-digital entries. I know I'm in a minority, but isn't it just another medium in which to create?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I LOVE Sketches!!! I can't wait to get working on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying the challenges. I like that they're making me think of different ways to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun with this challenge! I love sketches! Thanks for another awesome challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome sketch (my fav challenges are sketch challenges) BEAUTIFUL sample, and OUTSTANDING prize!! thanks for the fun :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the challenges. They help my ADHD mind focus to create and help in getting the creative juices flowing.

    I'm with Susan on the all digi ban. The same effort in concept, color, and design apply...just in a different medium. As one that likes to create both digitally and by hand I can honestly say I spend as much, if not more time on some of my digital projects as I do on my other projects.

    In this tough economic time I find I rely on digi projects more and more to conserve on supplies that I cannot afford to replenish at the moment. I am sure I am not alone in this and would hate to discourage digi medium lovers. Besides, now that you offer digi images it just lends itself that much more to digi work...and let me tell you...I can make some pretty bad-azzed designs in digi form that would totally rock your images and would love the freedom to disply your awesome images in whatever bizarre way my creative brain wants. I would love it if you would reconsider your ban on all digi projects.

    ReplyDelete