Thursday, May 19, 2011

beginings of a skull adventure

Happy Thursday everyone!
I hope you have all had a great week...and I hope you enjoyed the Zombilicious blog hop yesterday if you missed it stop by Terra's blog....now onto today's creation

due to all the fuss about the Skull Appreciation Day coming up (June 4) I was looking threw my stamps for what I have for skulls and found so many Smeared Ink ones that would work! So I busted out my As Death stamp set to play around a bit and begin my skull adventure...and here is what I came up with...it really got me in the skully mood....like I needed it ;)



For my background paper I painted it purple then smeared a black ink pad all over it. I colored my image with colored pencils then used some paint thinner to blend my colors (new technique I found) I stamped and cut out my favorite quote for this set, and lastly I made some super cool paper buttons (using parts of another as death stamp) another technique I picked up today...this one came from Creepy Glowbugg's blog...just punched 5 circles, stamped one, glued and stacked them poked holes and put liquid glass on top.

and there I have my super cool card! now onto create more skull things :) be sure to stop by the forum and join us for skull appreciation Day

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Kapree! - I'll have to try out those "buttons"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked image and killer kustom buttons! Great card Kapree! Glad to see you trying the technique. Too easy huh?

    ReplyDelete