Friday, July 29, 2011

Nevermore…and an Announcement

Greetings! ‘Tis Friday yet again (hooray!), which means it’s Smeared Ink day for me. I have announcement in regards to my Fridays… This will be my last post as a part of the Smeared Ink Design Team. My Co-Captain Kelli and I have decided to step down from our positions. We will not be returning to Smeared Ink for the next term. It was a very difficult decision for both of us, but we think it’s for the best. However, we will miss our fellow DT members dearly. They are all very special and important to us.

But on to my card… I decided to use one of my favorite Smeared Ink sets for this post…”Quoth the Raven.”

I stamped the hearts in the background with a deep blood red. Then I added the “Nevermore” on top. And I inked and embossed the edges.

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped the collage image included in the set and embossed that as well. I used a color from Color Box called Lava Black. It’s a beautiful black with a reddish tinge to it. I tore the edges around the image and inked them.

After I adhered the collaged image, I used some tan chalk and chalked over the white of the card.. It aged the card nicely. It was a simple card to make, but I think it has a lot of impact.

I will still be an active participant of at Smeared and Smudged, and I of course will still be using my Smeared Ink stamps frequently. I will miss my team…but who knows what the future holds? Never say never… ;)

Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card! I will miss you!!! see ya around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Creation Alison! I will miss you! I hope that you will still come around to chat and show your creations, I was just getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Alison! But I'm so so sorry to see you go. Will be keeping tabs on you elsewhere, though. Best of luck in everything you do. xxD

    ReplyDelete