Thursday, March 10, 2011

Misty Benson's High Priestess

Happy Friday! It's Alison and I have another card to share with you today. I’m going to be honest…I was a bit intimidated by this image. It’s stunning, but super intricate. And even though I color every day, this image scared me a wee bit. But now that I have done it once, I truly look forward to coloring it again. What image is it? It’s the High Priestess from Smeared Ink’s Misty Benson Tarot Set 1. Let’s take a look.



Seriously, she is totally cool. But uber detailed. It took me quite a while to finish her up, because I really wanted to plan out her colors. And I really like the end result!




I only used watercolor markers for this image. No pencils! I know, it’s a shocker! I was really worried about the hair. I wanted to make sure it was just right. And by golly, it’s just how I pictured it should be!



Here you can see that I added a lot of glitter. All the white has Stickles, and I used some around the edge of the image as well. If you click on this or any of my other photos, you can see them bigger.



I had this cool chipboard swirl from Making Memories and I thought it worked really well here. This was such a fun card to make…once the intimidation wore off! I really love this stamp set! Have an inspiring day!!!





1 comment:

  1. WOW, GORGEOUS, Alison and so funny I was gonna stamp her just yesterday and thought...HMMM... not up to it. LOL You did an AMAZING job! The colors are pefect and her hair! OMG!!!!! PERFECTION! xxD

    ReplyDelete